Comments and substitutions
1. I used a new potatoes - I like them and I had a bunch of them.
2. I used less liquid but that's because I like thick soups
3. I replaced the cream with milk
4. I didn't use croutons
5. I didn't really taste the arugula... maybe I didn't add enough or the leaves weren't peppery enough.
6. I don't a have a food mill and I didn't think the vegetable would go through the sieve so I processed the lots...
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 leeks, chopped
- 2 medium floury potatoes, diced
- 900ml stock or water
- 2 large handful of arugula
- 150ml heavy cream
- garlic flavored ciabatta croutons to serve
- Salt & pepper
1. Melt butter in heavy-based, add onions, leeks and potatoes and stir until vegetables are coated in butter. Heat until sizzling the reduce to low
2. Cover and sweat the vegetables for 15 minutes. add stock/water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
3. Press soup through the sieve or through a food mill and return to a clean pan
4. Chop rocket, add to the soup and cook gently for 5 minutes
5. Stir in cream, season to taste, reheat gently.
6. Ladle the soup to bowls and garnish with croutons.